I'm not responsible for any damage to your device. Do this at your own risk.
Very Important: Used this guide to back up TA, resulting the file TA-XXXXXX.img (in this case is TA-07102015.img)
If you do not back up your TA, some functions will be disabled. E.g. x-reality, denoise in camera aso.
This guide is for Sony Xperia Z3+ Dual - E6533 (and may work with Z3, Z4 etc)
- After backup TA, unlocked bootloader using flashtool (download from http://www.flashtool.net/downloads.php), you can get unlock code from Sony http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader.
- Download latest firmware using XperiFrim (see this guide), in this case, I have file E6533_32.2.A.0.253_1295-0389_R9C.ftf.
- Use the file
TA-07102015.imgand follow this guide to create the file
DK.ftf. Run the cmd below:
rootkernel kernel.elf boot.img- Unpacking kernel
Found elf boot image
Kernel version: 3.10.84-perf-gf1cfa5f
Found appended DTB
- Detected vendor: somc (Sony), device: ivy (Xperia Z3+/Z4), variant: dsds
- Unpacking initramfs
- Detected platform: 64-bit
- Detected Android version: 6.0.1 (sdk 23)
- dm-verity is enabled. Disable? (Say yes if you modify /system) [Y/n] Y
- Sony RIC is enabled. Disable? [Y/n] Y
Disabling Sony RIC
- Install TWRP recovery? [Y/n] Y
Compressing TWRP image
- Found SuperSU-v2.78-20160905010000.zip. Install? [Y/n] Y
Stripping SuperSU app
Adding service entry for SuperSU
- Install DRM fix? [Y/n] Y
- Install busybox? [Y/n] N
- Creating new initramfs
- Creating boot image
- Cleaning up
E6533_32.2.A.0.253_1295-0389_R9C.ftf, do not reboot.
- Boot into fastboot (Poweroff, hold volume up and insert USB cable) and run:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Still don't reboot, continue flash the file
- Reboot your phone.
Note: How to enter TWRP Recovery
- Turn off your phone: press power key and select “power off” or press and hold power key for a few moments.
- Power on your device and when the LED notification lights turn on press several times Volume Up.
- At the end, your phone will be rebooted into recovery mode.